ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Category & Products displayed as a list instead of
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Category & Products displayed as a list instead of

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Category & Products displayed as a list instead of
    Posted: 26-February-2011 at 3:53pm
Hey ss1001. Here are three modified files that should accomplish what you're after. First, you need to upload modCata.asp, which will add a new display setting to your categories called Drill-Down.

Upload the other files and then set the category sub-category display to Drill-Down and that should work.

subCatDrillDown.zip

It's a few different changes, so run a diff compare if you want to see exactly what was changed. Also, I'm not sure if my viewcategories.asp wasn't already modified, so be aware of that.

*edit*
As always, back up your existing files.

Edited by Brett - 26-February-2011 at 3:54pm
ss1001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss1001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2011 at 4:55pm
Thanks for your response. I will customize if I have to. My problem is I do not program on a daily basis so it takes me longer to customize. The other issue is the updates. I have to redo the customization when the updates come. I know there is a way to do this with minimal changes in the original files but i don't have the time right now.

Anyway, your assistance and input will be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2011 at 8:10pm
I can't think of a way to do this without customization, but creating a page to do what you want shouldn't be too hard. I'll see if I can get something like this working a bit later tonight.

Why are you trying to avoid customization?
ss1001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss1001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2011 at 1:36pm

Hi All,

I have played around with the setting over the weekend and I cannot seem to do this. Since I am still new to PC I was wondering if someone can give me a short answer to this.

I want to display Category and Product is a listed display. That is ... If I have a 'TOP' level category whcih can display in a regular way 3 across or listed as prefered. However, when you click on the 'TOP' level category and drill down to the lext level, I want the Categories and products listed where the Category Name is like a heading and the products under that category are listed so you can click on any product and display the details page of that product, and then the next category will be listed as a heading and its products listed under that and then the next category etc etc.

For clarity...

TOP level category could be  'Monitors'

once you click on the TOP level the display changes to below.... where every heading in bold is actually a sub-category.

17in LCD Monitors

Acer 17in Monitor
  Acer 17in Widescreen Monitor

Samsung 17in Widescreen Monitor

LG 17in Monitor

19in LCD Monitors

Acer 19in Monitor

Acer 19in Widescreen Monitor

NEC 19in Monitor

Samsung 19in Monitor

24in LCD Monitors

Acer 24in LCD Widescreen Monitor

LG 24in LED Widescreen Monitor

Etc. etc.

I am hoping I missed something, else it means doing customization which i want to avoid.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ss1001 - 22-February-2011 at 2:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic