ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changes between current and 3.x?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saipankid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changes between current and 3.x?
    Posted: 14-June-2006 at 1:35am
I am currently in the setup stage of the store.
(imho. Early Impact's tech support is wonderfull)

It appears that they will be launching 3.x next month.

Do any beta testers or veterans of the current have any words of wisdom if it makes more sense to wait for the next version to be released before proceeding with the store setup?

Thanks

Edited by saipankid - 14-June-2006 at 1:36am
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2006 at 7:57pm
If you are only talking about populating the database with your catalog information (categories and products), then there is no reason to wait until v3, however if you are planning on customizing the software in any way, then you should probably wait... otherwise you will most definitely have to re-apply your modifications to the new version.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
saipankid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saipankid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2006 at 11:31pm
Makes sense. I think I just need to write some code to handle downloading order info, and just about ready to go.

Do you have any screen shots, etc, about the new version?
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2006 at 12:49pm
We will soon start adding information about v3 to our Web site. Stay tuned
The ProductCart Team

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2006 at 11:38am

Product Cart already has functions built in to download order info. Login to your control panel, click Store Management Tools | Reports & Exports | Custom Data Export. The first option is for exporting order info.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
saipankid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saipankid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2006 at 10:43pm
Netprofits,

I need it alittle more automated. With other carts, I could get the data via XML or receive it via email. Since, I do have access to source, I am writing my own.

Hmm, this is the not the place, but, do you know if the the current version is now working with the new Froogle?
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2006 at 6:42am

Early Impact is aware of the new format but we have not received an update for the new Google Base yet. It should be released soon.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2006 at 1:38am
The ProductCart Team

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic