ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

changing image on home page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: changing image on home page
    Posted: 04-September-2009 at 11:03pm
Help, please!  I've had it dealing with Discover Card and have removed it from our payments option page.  Now I need to switch the image on our home page to one I have ready that shows the credit cards we do accept.  I know I've done this in the past, but am pulling a total blank tonite. 
Clip Earrings on the Web
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2009 at 11:45pm

The image with your credit cards is named cclogos2.gif and it appears in your /store/pc/catalog/ folder.

You need to either edit that image to remove the discover card reference, or replace the image with a new one that excludes that logo.  There is no reference in your home page to the physical size of the image, so it doesn't matter much what size that new image might be, but if you want avoid editing the web page itself you should replace the image with one of exactly the same name ( cclogos2.gif ).  That way when you place a new image called cclogos2.gif in the catalog folder, it will appear on your home page immediately.

Here is a google image search of credit card image logos which you may find useful: http://tinyurl.com/nzux8o

Cliptomania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 12:32am
Hi Greg,
    The cclogos2.gif is the image I want to replace.  When I'm in the html editor for our home page and click the image icon I got as far as the webdialog page to 'upload file' (tho I would expect it to say upload image).  When I follow the steps I normally do to upload a an image on a product page, I get an error msg that reads:
"An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 22
Char: 1
Error: image expected
Code: 0
URL: https://www.cliptomania.com/store/htmleditor/assetmanager/assetmanager.asp?ffilter=image "
I suspect the problem is that I don't know how to get the image into the website's library with. Don't want to mess up my image library, so what steps do I need to take to correctly upload my 4KB 334x50 gif image? Am I correct in thinking that once the image is there, the webdialog box will work?
Sincerely, Candy
P.S. based upon your reply, I tried going to
http://www.cliptomania.com/store//pc/catalog/folder  but get a page not found msg 
Clip Earrings on the Web

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 12:45am
If you look closely, I referred to the folder known as "store/pc/catalog".  There is a space between that reference and the word folder.

And I'm not sure what's going on with your upload script, but if you happen to know how to use FTP, I would navigate to the above-mentioned folder and just drag the image into that folder.

As for browsing to that folder, you cannot browse to a folder that has no default document, and expect a different response.  It is intentional within the PC system design that one would not ordinarily browse to that folder.

Have you asked your developer to assist with this?  For anyone with an active FTP connection to your site, this is a 2-minuted deal to get the image uploaded. 
Cliptomania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 1:21am
Thanks for your continuing help, Greg.  You triggered an alternative for me.  I added a product page in a hidden folde and uploaded the logo.gif I want.  That gave me the name for it - cclogox4.  Then using the html editor for the home page I clicked the image icon and input the source as store/pc/catalog/cclogox4   This got me closer.  Now the box for the image is where it should be, but it just displays a smaller box with a red X.  I tried repeating the process with store/pc/catalog/cclogosx4_1551_general.gif with the same result.  Do you have a suggestion for converting the red x to the image?
Cordially, Candy
PS I had tried the url both with & without folder and my webmaster is away until Tuesday 
Clip Earrings on the Web

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 1:31am
check your PM please.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic