ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Freight Charges for Local Customers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungmaw211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Freight Charges for Local Customers
    Posted: 29-July-2010 at 5:08pm
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to properly set up a custom shipping option for my local customers that we personally deliver to. My dilemma is that new customers pay for freight while existing ones do not and I don't know how to properly set up the Checkout Shipping Options.

Any ideas or recommendations on how to resolve this issue? Also, is there an option in the PC Control Panel to manually check off which customers pay for freight and which receive free freight?

Thanks!
ITistic View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 5:19pm
Hi,

You could put these customers into separate pricing categories. You'd have to do this manually, but at least that would give you a way to distinguish who gets charges what. You can then create a Coupon which gets automatically applied to orders that gives free shipping to customers in the 'Free Freight' pricing group.

Does that make sense?
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
hungmaw211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungmaw211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 7:11pm
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. That makes perfect sense. However my old customers still prefer to call in their orders but I will use your advice when they do decide to order online.

Thanks! again!

-Mark
ITistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 9:31pm
My pleasure, Mark. Best of luck!
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic