ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customer Logout Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customer Logout Problem
    Posted: 07-May-2009 at 3:51am
I am almost setup on my new site, and while doing some customer testing I have a error message when I try to logoff from the pc/custpref.asp screen. The log off is directed to PC/CustLO.asp, which is in the server pc directory, after I double checked, and when I click on it I get the following message from this link. pc/default.asp?action=clear

Page Not Found

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

Am I missing something somewhere?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 4:20am
Hi,
  It looks like some files/a file  failed to upload. Try re-uploading the files, or use a directory comparison tool in some FTP software to identify the missing file(s).
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 9:23am
Did you transfer DNS yet?  Is your domain pointing to the server?  Might also be that you are addressing a URL that won't exist until DNS transfers?
nfranklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 1:13pm

I checked the PC & Includes folders on this check everything is there. This is what is in the custLO.asp file.

<%
'This file is part of ProductCart, an ecommerce application developed and sold by Early Impact LLC. ProductCart, its source code, the ProductCart name and logo are property of Early Impact, LLC. Copyright 2001-2003. All rights reserved. You are not allowed to use, alter, distribute and/or resell any parts of ProductCart's source code without the written consent of Early Impact. To contact Early Impact, please visit www.earlyimpact.com.
%>
<% response.Buffer=true %>
<!--#include file="../includes/settings.asp"-->
<!--#include file="../includes/stringfunctions.asp"-->
<!--#include file="../includes/storeconstants.asp"-->
<!--#include file="../includes/productcartFolder.asp"-->
<%
if session("admin")<>0 then
  session("idcustomer")=""
  session("pcStrCustName")=""
  session("customerCategory")=""
  session("customerType")=""
 else
  Session.Abandon
 end if

' clear cart data
dim pcCartArray2(100,35)
Session("pcCartSession")=pcCartArray2
Session("pcCartIndex")=Cint(0)

Dim tempURL
tempURL=replace((scStoreURL&"/"&scPcFolder&"/pc/default.asp"),"//","/")
tempURL=replace(tempURL,"//","/")
tempURL=replace(tempURL,"https:/","https://")
tempURL=replace(tempURL,"http:/","http://")
response.redirect tempURL & "?action=clear"
%>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 1:22pm
I'd suggest you file a support ticket.  Your answer did not address the question I asked.  Without a URL, and without knowing the answers to the above, it's hard to imagine what the issue may be.

nfranklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 1:38pm
I guess I will have to wait until after this weekend on confirmation of the DNS transfer. The domain was registered with another hosting company just under 60 days ago. And due to transfer rules, domains can not be transfered for 60 days from date of purchase. I did point the domian to the server about a week ago, and every thing seems to work fine, until I tried the logoff function. I  will have to wait until after this weekend to confirm if any hidden files are activated with the DNS transfer. I thought everything would be ok with just pointing the domain to the server.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 1:38pm
Did you change the name of the ProductCart folder?  If so you need to update the variable inside the file "includes/productcartFolder.asp".  Open the file up in a text editor such as notepad, edit the value, save and upload to your server.
nfranklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 2:08pm
Opps... I made the change, but it still points to /productcart/pc/default.asp?action=clear, instead of /store/pc/. I guess it would be better if I just re-installed the software so everything points to the right folders.Embarrassed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 2:13pm
Before you go through the drill of re-installing, try just editing the file Matt referred to.  Change this:
private const scPcFolder="productcart"

to this:
private const scPcFolder="store"

See if that resolves your issue.  Otherwise, might you post a link?
nfranklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2009 at 5:04pm
I tried to rename the folder file, but when I reloaded the Includes and PC folders I got a database error problem. So I just deleted and reinstalled all the files, tried the customer log off again, and everything works normally.

Thanks guys for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic