ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Data Base Table upload ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacktheBear3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Data Base Table upload ?
    Posted: 23-December-2006 at 2:46pm
Is it possible to simply export the Categories table to Excell.... Update it, configuring all the ID and tier levels , and then replace the Categories table with the updated table?

I am using MS Szl, am not a DBadmin or anything but I had made some errors and wanted to change them.... when accessing the table in MyLilAdmin it seemed quite easy to do and made me wonder if there were some special reasons such as the index key for the record being previously assigned to a product etc....

Jack
JacktheBear3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacktheBear3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2006 at 11:20am
Ok, Merry Christmas to anyone reading the forums today.

In reference to the above; if you have lots of categories (like 760 of them) has anyone done the following successfully......

Since the upload of xls file is limited to 2 tiers of Category tree, and maybe you want your items in say 5 categories...... if you upload the item  (after the item is in the store database from initial upload) several times just using the sku and category columns changing the secondary category to fit the categories that are third and fourth tier.

Will the system map them and add them to the other categories without over writting the initial categories assigned from the prior upload?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic