ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database Connection Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Connection Problem
    Posted: 22-October-2008 at 5:43am
I try to go to my store/pc/home.asp url and out of nowhere I get:

Dear customer,

We are currently experiencing a database connection problem on our store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please notify the store administrator so that we may fix the problem as soon as possible and let you know when the store becomes available again.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Is this a server-end issue?  Or did I mess something up somehow (all I did was edit the pcstorefront.css?)
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2008 at 6:03am
Try removing the home page setting (home page URL). It could be that the URL you entered there is not correct, or that it creates an endless loop. If that does not work, make sure that header.asp and footer.asp have been setup correctly. Restore all original files to see if a code that you made might be the culprit.

If the database connection issue affects the Control Panel too, then there might be an issue with the database itself (e.g. SQL server that you are connecting to is temporarily down for maintenance).

If you cannot find the reason behind the problem, certainly open a support ticket.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2008 at 8:44pm
Thanks for the help.  This morning I called my hosting company and they were upgrading overnight - that's why the site was down.  Everything is working fine now
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 3:40am
I'd ask your hosting company why they didn't notify you in advance of the planned outage. The web is 24*7 - so they should let you know if they are going to take your site down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic