ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database Xfer: MS Access to MS SQL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Xfer: MS Access to MS SQL
    Posted: 04-April-2014 at 12:31pm
We are running ProductCart v4.7Ms (parent paths enabled).

We want to add the QuickBooks integration, but one of the requirements is that we need to have our store on a MS SQL database and ours was originally set up with an MS Access database.  Our hosting provider can run MS SQL, but I have NO idea how to switch the databases.  I don't want to lose the over 2,100 product records, over 3,500 sales order/invoice records and the hundreds of customers we have in the MS Access database.

Is there a way that I can transfer data from one database to the other on my own through ProductCart and is there a detailed step-by-step instructions (know NOTHING about MS SQL!) on how to accomplish this?

-OR-

Is there a person/service company that we can hire to do the transfer for us?  Any recommendations?
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2014 at 1:49pm

Mark Shipp - 214 206 8910

Mark is the expert on this subject.  There is nobody other than him that I even consider when this is needed.

cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2014 at 2:01pm
Mark G.

Definitely do not attempt this yourself as it is not something you just switch to and there is no easy way to go about it (e.g. no step by step instructions).

I have been doing Access to MSSQL Conversion/Migration for the ProductCart community for the better part of the last 8-9 years and can certainly get this taken care of for you quickly with very little downtime and 0 data loss.

I have sent you a private message with all my contact details. 

Mark Shipp
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic