ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discount Codes/Coupons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discount Codes/Coupons
    Posted: 11-December-2013 at 9:08am
is there any problem reusing a coupon?  For example, we have a coupon that expired 11-17-2013.  If I change the start date and the end date, will that have any affect on previous orders?  (I.E. Discount removed, etc)

Also, if I rename that coupon's code to something like "DECFreeShip" - from "NovFreeShip" does that have any affect on previous orders?

I'd rather not make a new coupon as the coupon is for specific products and there are quite a few.

Thanks for your help!

Steve
"Remember, 72.5% of all statistics are made up."
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2013 at 3:15pm
Hi Steve - we understand the rationale for not wanting to create a new Discount Code, and it is certainly possible to simple rename an existing code and change the parameters... however the way ProductCart works (and probably most shopping carts), is that the Record ID in the database is used for things like Reports, etc., so even if you change the name and parameters of a previous Discount Code... any previous orders where that ID was used, will show up in the Discount Code Report (but they should at least reference the original Discount Code in the Report. Basically, there aren't any technical reasons that you can't re-purpose a Discount Code, as long as you are aware of and accept the implications.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic