ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discounted Item with $5 shipping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discounted Item with $5 shipping?
    Posted: 27-March-2010 at 2:03pm
Hey all -

I'm working with Woot.Deals right now to setup a landing page and product promotion that they will feature on their site.  Ultimately what I need to do is be able to offer a discount on my product along with their Woot-style $5 shipping on the item.  I can't seem to find the best way to make it happen and hoping some of your (or EI) might have some suggestions to help. 

Coupon codes don't have any ability to do something like $5 shipping from what I can tell and the coupon code would need the ability to combine both the product discount and the shipping discount and that definitely doesn't seem possible within PC right now.  My next thought is to setup a unique, unlisted product for this landing page that has the product discount already built into the price so I can just focus on the flat rate shipping - but I don't even see a way to setup a flat $5 shipping option for just one a product.  I would want to keep my existing shipping rules in place for the rest of the site.

Any suggestions?
Seth Haber
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2010 at 5:57pm
Hi Seth,

Unfortunately, we don't see an easy way to accomplish this.

As you pointed out:

- you can make a shipping option free with a discount code, but not make it a flat rate shipping.
- you cannot restrict shipping options to only be associated with a specific product

A less-than-perfect implementation is to setup a flat shipping option and then instruct customers that are shopping as part of this promotion to use it. If other customers use it (outside of this promotion), you would edit their order and let them know.

Otherwise you would have to do some custom programming.

Sorry we don't have better news on this.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2010 at 7:36pm
Thanks for the quick response. The promotion is only a 1-day promotion so I think for now the coupon plus the custom flat shipping option (and editing any orders that don't qualify) is the best I can hope for. Thanks for the suggestion.

I know the programming gets complicated fast when it comes to coupons and promotions, but I welcome any continued efforts to make the discount options in PC more robust/complex. Sales and promotions are huge when it comes to converting sales and while this is just one example, Woot has established a popular model with it's discount+flat rate shipping model.

Thanks again for the quick follow up!
Seth Haber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic