ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downloads with Options how to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downloads with Options how to?
    Posted: 18-March-2008 at 9:15am
Hi
Can anyone please!! help and tell me how to assign download locations for 3 options of 1 product..... One image has 2 or 3 size options assigned and 3 corresponding S/M or Large  zip files for download

Think I'm having a bad day and my brain won't work  ..... I'm sure there is a simple answer  somewhere 

Many thanks

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 11:07am
Hi Shiny, Which version of PC have you got? Sounds like a job for the Apparel Add-on - or perhaps the BTO will be enough. 
If this is for a single (or just a few) products, then you can sell each variation as a separate product - not as neat - but it will do the job.

I took a look at your website -  The pictures appear to be free? Is this site still under development? 
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 1:49pm
Hi Hamish

I am currently on V3.1 no add ons at present but guess its looking likely that I'm not going to be able to deliver more than 1 download file per image without.

I have approx 5000 images to upload so the other option you mentioned is out of the question

And yes the website is still under constructions I have a number of issues to work through ....I have only priced Big Cats gallery with options as a trial and then found the problem with the downloads

Many thanks for your imput
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 1:15pm
Hi Everyone I have to add another plea!!!

It seems there is no solution with Product Cart or the add ons apparrel and BTO ....Has anyone any idea how this can be achieved

Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 2:31pm
Hi Shiny,
    Have you investigated the BTO Add-on (not really an Add-on - just a licensing option) - what was the outcome of that?
  I think that would probably meet your needs.

Edited by Hamish - 27-March-2008 at 2:32pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 2:33pm
I would recommend raising a support ticket (or a pre-sales question) & seeing what EA suggest.
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 3:42pm
Hi Hamish
I have already contacted support and they told me that even BTO cannot support multiple downloads from 1 product. They advised to come back to the forum ......I'm just hoping someone has had a similar need and knows how to solve the problem.

Oh by the way took your advice and designed my own store buttons bit of a quick effort but at least they blend in a bit better

Thanks for that

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 3:53pm

I've run a download store for three years now using ProductCart (gosh is it three years aleaady) and I've used most of the features in various intended and unintended ways.   I don't know of a way to vary a product's download item based on options as the item link is fixed.    ProductCart (and all other equivalent stores I've found) do not for example support dynamic zipping or bundling of various download items (although this can be forced in various ways).

I suspect you may need to do one of two things:

1.  Set up multiple pre-prepared zip files associated with multiple products

2.  Capture extra optional fields and then have a scipt that somewhow intercepts the download link location and modifies it in the background.

I'm happy to chat about this further.   My store is at http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.co.uk

More generally than your specific point we found the category feature can be very powerful if implemented fully with products associated in multiple ways with discount schemes and cross selling bundles. 

Many thanks

cheers

Mark

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 3:56pm
Hi Shiny,
    I just took a look at the documentation &, sure enough, BTO is no good as there is a field in the DB which indicates whether the product is a BTO product / item or downloadable product - so it can't be both. Ah well.

It looks like your left with customisation, probably quite a lot,  or loading each size as a separate product - which is far from ideal. 
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 6:13pm
Hi Mark
Thanks very much for your time ....Can deal with no1 ...bbbbbut no2 just a little out of my depth understand the concept though ...suppose as Hamish said I'm talking about modification .......At the moment not an option have to offset untill up and running. Maybe have to think about choosing one size as a download and the others can be delivered by FTP for larger files or even email the smallest size ( but guess that will be the most popular size to download ) Inconvenient while I'm travelling wearing too many hats ....just thought I could automate the buying process as I'm selling digital products. Ah well Rome wasn't built in a day !!!!

Checked out your site Mark love it not my usual genre but quite enjoying listening to some of the tracks

Taking my mind off the problem in hand

Many Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic