ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ease of Use Question for Users???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cattledogpushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ease of Use Question for Users???
    Posted: 29-March-2008 at 2:43pm
I would like to know if actual users of ProductCart think I can successfully use the sorftware given my skill level? I want to create a simple site with 20 products.

Qualifications:
I've built at least 40 websites (all just basic html). I can cut & paste code & know enough to edit it manually, troubleshoot it etc but I am not a hand-coder. I've never messed with asp. I've used css but only with dreamweavers palettes.

I'm an Art Director with over 10 years experience in all adobe design software. I'm pretty darn tech savy, good problem solving skills, but just need to know if I would be creating more trouble than I'd be saving?

Mucho Thanks In Advance For Responses,
Cattledogpushy
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2008 at 3:14pm

There is really no reason, after building all those sites, that you can't handle the requirements of tailoring PC to your needs.

ProductCart uses a typical header/footer strategy for introducing a custom site design. If you can design and implement the graphics and HTML for the design you desire, and cut that HTML code in half so that the correct elements that sandwich the page content between them appear in the respective header or footer files, then you will be most of the way there.  Then it's just a matter of editing the CSS effectively in order to style other elements of the content.

There are plenty of folks that answer questions here, and many issues get resolved simply by posting your question and linking to suitable examples of what you need resolved. 

There are also developers who, besides posting here regularly, offer their services for hire.  So if you get to a point where you need paid help, someone can step in and take you the rest of the way.

And you will look long and hard for a cart that is as robust as this, particularly given the very low price.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 29-March-2008 at 5:29pm
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2008 at 6:06am
Hi
If I can do it I'm sure you can if your tech savy and have already built 40 sites .....I only took over my html site from my web designers a few months previous to installing Product Cart.  I have no experience in this field at all I designed it in Dreamweaver it was really simple.

And I can truthfully say the support both here on the forum and from Early Impact has been fantastic .....

Mine is going to be a huge site in terms of products and database size so with just 20 products it should be a breeze. I have used an html index page because I was worried about SEO but have found really my visitor stats are up  5 times  what they were  on my old site without any marketing .....so it isn't necessary

Cheers Kathy

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2008 at 8:34am
Hi,  
   I really wouldn't worry about the ASP aspect of PC.
Although you will see a comments and snippets of code ste in the customization part of the forum I have found PC a very flexible product to work with. Almost everything you can wish for is available "out of the box"  and it's very likely you will complete the website without even touching any ASP. The documentation is very good - especially for the core parts of the product & it's well worth a read through.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic