ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

e-mail a friend warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Hadden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: e-mail a friend warning
    Posted: 23-October-2013 at 12:24pm
Today I got a warning that someone had used the e-mail a friend option more then 10 times.  The originating IP comes from china. I don't sell anything to china but all my competitors are there. I'd love to know if there is a way to see who those e-mails were sent to? Is that possible. I was thinking maybe I should just try to block anything from china. Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks
Chris
Chris
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2013 at 12:29pm
I can't answer that question but here is some feedback that might be useful.
The spammers goal is to try to leverage the TAF page in order to send spam.  One solution is to turn on the CAPTCHA on the Advanced Security settings screen.  If that's not enough, then turn off the TAF feature and temporarily rename that page so that the spammers cannot find it.
Chris Hadden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Hadden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2013 at 2:20pm
If I turn on the captcha doesn't that effect other things like sign in?. I really hate those things.
Chris
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2013 at 3:22pm
CAPTCHA for Tell a Fried is hard toggled on by default. Near the top of the file look for the following:
'1 - Turn On (Default)
'0 - Turn Off

TurnOnSecurity=1

If you have TurnOnSecurity set to 0, then change it back. This will not affect CAPTCHA on any other pages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic