ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enable Sign-up property

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enable Sign-up property
    Posted: 19-November-2009 at 10:33am
With standard productCart software version, do we have sign-up for newsletter property? or we should purchase Mailup too?
If it is included in standard productCart software, does anybody know how to set it enable?
Thanks.

Edited by matle - 19-November-2009 at 10:34am
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 10:52am
Other than the "my account" page, and the checkout process, PC has no built-in form for allowing a customer to subscribe to the merchant's mailing list.  And ultimately, using the built-in newsletter tool is really not the way to go if you plan to do regular mailings.

We tend to use www.campaignmonitor.com, www.constantcontact.com or www.mailchimp.com.  Any of those services will provide a robust tool and template set for performing mailings. 

We like Campaign Monitor since it is free until you actually perform a mailing, and the flexibility to be able to create ad-hoc field references is awesome.  For example, we defined the fields necessary to support this form http://www.re-modern.com/mailinglist.asp as well as the little signup form on the left column of the site.  And as I say, the price is right.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 19-November-2009 at 10:52am
matle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 11:19am
Thanks a lot Greg.
The little signup form on the left column of the site (http://www.re-modern.com/mailinglist.asp) is exactly what we are looking for.
Do you mean this functionality is not included in productCart software version?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 11:28am
That is correct.  While logged into our client's account at Campaign Monitor, they have a tool that allows the correct HTML form code to be created.  We copy/pasted that code to the site, then treated it with CSS, etc. to meet our design requirements.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 12:36pm
Just to quickly clarify: all of these are perfectly good e-mail marketing systems. The difference with MailUp is that...
  • NWEB, publisher of MailUp, is a long-time Early Impact partner. They have designed some great-looking ProductCart-powered stores, just as http://www.webtappeti.it/
  • Working closely with NWEB, we tightly integrated ProductCart with MailUp.
  • The integration is based on a number of Web services that allow for features such as:
    • Support for multiple lists (e.g. "Updates", "Promotions", "Last Minute Deals", etc.) with separate subscription preferences at the list level
    • Automatic retrieval of the lists from your MailUp console into your ProductCart-powered store, with the ability to enable/disable any of them. When enabled, they are shown during checkout/registration and in the user account page, and newsletter preferences are updated in real time.
    • Quick creation of targeted recipient groups in ProductCart (e.g. everybody that purchased product XYZ in the last 30 days) and transfer of that group to MailUp.
MailUp is certainly not the cheapest solution out there. When it comes to e-mail marketing, though, deliverability is the key element: will your messages get delivered? MailUp has very strict anti-spam policies, which allow them to maintain a high reputation with ISPs, and therefore provide excellent deliverability to you.

Our partner NWEB is constantly improving MailUp, and lately they have introduced very interesting features such as multi-channel support: that is, the ability to send out not only e-mails and SMS, but also regular mail, from the same MailUp console. Mail campaign management support is currently not supported in the US yet, but we will be looking at adding these capabilities in 2010.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 4:20pm
Quick question, I've been using Campaign Monitor for years and love it. I've been working on a new site in Product Cart and I've set up the standard CM signup form which is working great.

Now, PC allows a newsletter check box on the customer registration and checkout forms, does anyone know how to link that Checkbox to submit the customers name and email to Campaign Monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 4:27pm
We integrated PC to MailChimp by using their API call, probably a similar strategy to EI's MU implementation.  CM also has an API available.  If you wished this to be done, it would be entirely practical to migrate our MailChimp integration over to point to Campaign Monitor.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by matle matle wrote:

Thanks a lot Greg.The little signup form on the left column of the site (http://www.re-modern.com/mailinglist.asp) is exactly what we are looking for. Do you mean this functionality is not included in productCart software version?

We recently released a mod for exactly this if you are interested:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/newslettersignup

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 5:12pm
I could be wrong, but my reading of Sean's mod is that it only posts the subscription request into the customer table of the store database. 

The solution I have proposed addresses bcrabtree's request to send the subscription request directly to his mailing list provider.
bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 6:18pm
Hi Greg,

Thank you for your prompt response. Your solution sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Campaign Monitor supplies a number of api's: Developer API, Client API and Subscriber List API.

How do I go about integrating this into my site?

Cheers,
Bryan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic