ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Folder permission issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Folder permission issues
    Posted: 21-April-2007 at 2:51pm

I have an error message coming up when I am configuring some settings in the control panel that states that the folder settings are wrong.

My control panel with Bell shows the option to allow read, write and execute options for owner, group and other. The delete feature is in a separate area of the folder options window. This means that a web based user cannot delete items from the folders which the manual specifies that that should be enabled. (includes folder) Right now my includes folder is checked to allow read, write and execute but I'm still getting that error.

Thanks,

Mie

tahoedesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahoedesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2007 at 1:07am
I had the same issue - what I had to do was go into the folders and make sure that every document had the write permissions. Time consuming, but my error went away.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2007 at 4:25am
Some hosting companies do not allow "delete" permissions. Most do. Unfortunately you will have to move to another Web hosting company if yours does not. ProductCart requires "delete" permissions because it deletes and creates files that hold commonly used settings. This way it can access those files rather than the database to look up such settings, which improves the overall system performance.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic