ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forcing a Cart Save

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claydough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forcing a Cart Save
    Posted: 13-January-2011 at 4:26pm
I am developing a site with PC4.1 BTO and my client would like a way for someone to fill their cart, click on Save Cart, name that cart and see it in their saved carts list. Right now it looks like it doesn't save the cart until you leave, and come back...only then can you see it in your saved cart list and rename it.

Am I missing something with this functionality? It seems there is an easy jump to adding a feature to manually save a cart state.

Thanks!
-----
Clay Johnston
Sprung
P: 952-303-3598

Visit us at:  www.madebysprung.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2011 at 9:05am
I don't think you are missing anything. I don't have any clients, but I'll take a look at this and see if I can figure the code out for you. Like you said, it should be an easy jump!
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2011 at 9:33am
Here you go:

<%if session("idcustomer")=0 then%>
Please log in to save this cart.
<%else%>
<a href="CustSavedCartsRename.asp?id=<%=IDSC%>">Save This Cart</a>
<%end if%>

I pasted it after the <h1> section of viewCart.asp. It must be somewhere on viewCart.asp. It must be after inc_SaveShoppingCart.asp.

So this isn't a technical limitation of ProductCart, and you didn't miss anything. It's just a simple feature request that takes 15 minutes to figure out and implement.

*edit*
Wow I just realized your post was from the 13th. I haven't been active for the past couple weeks, but hopefully this helps you and your client!

Edited by Brett - 23-January-2011 at 9:35am
claydough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claydough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2011 at 1:54pm
Thanks Brett! You rock! I had no idea it would have been this easy. I'm somewhat embarrassed that I didn't see this. Works great. Many thanks!
-----
Clay Johnston
Sprung
P: 952-303-3598

Visit us at:  www.madebysprung.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2011 at 4:47pm
No problem. Sorry for being a bit of an ass about it. I guess sometimes I forget that not everyone has spent the greater part of a year or two exploring productcarts sometimes strange quirks. The answer came intuitively to me because I've had to mess with stuff like that so many times. Thankfully productcart is one of the easiest platforms to modify and extend. I hope it continues to work well for you and I'm sure you'll find most of the community here are much nicer than me ;)
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2011 at 6:23pm
Hi Claydough,
    Thanks for asking the question & Hi Brett, thanks for posting a solution. It seems like a good idea so we will look into making it an option in the next release.

Regards,
  Hamish

avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2011 at 9:00pm
Brett
Can you tell me what line are you suggesting to insert this code?  I see the <h1> tag, and I would like to have the save text appear right below cart total.
Thanks
Curt

Curt
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2011 at 9:01pm
Hamish- do you think this post should be moved to customizing productcart.?
Curt
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2011 at 6:31am
I think it probably should be moved. Curt ill let you know in an hour or so when I'm at laptop.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2011 at 7:38am
Hey avalight, put this code at line 1591 (might be different on your cart page if mine has been edited - i'm not sure if it has been):

<%if session("idcustomer")=0 then%>
     <div style="text-align:right; clear: both;">
          Please log in to save this cart.
     </div>
<%else%>
     <div style="text-align:right; clear: both;">
          <a href="CustSavedCartsRename.asp?id=<%=IDSC%>">Save This Cart</a>
     </div>
<%end if%>

It should go just before this section:

<%' ------------------------------------------------------
' START - Show estimated shipping charges link