ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apparel Products and Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apparel Products and Options
    Posted: 23-January-2008 at 10:55am
Most of the products on our site are Apparel products which works great. The issue is how do you add an additional option to an apparel product if it is a seperate product.

Example: The product is a shirt and it comes in 5 colors. Therefore I have an apparel product with 5 skus. Now the customer can "optionally" add a logo to the shirt for $10 more. The logo has a seperate sku number and is a product itself.

So the question is how do you show the 5 skus and then show the one "optional" option for a logo to be added to the cart as a sperate product? All of this showing on the product detail page.

Thanks for your help.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2008 at 4:15pm

ProductCart Build To Order is typically a better solution when you are dealing with configurable products where the some or all of the configuration choices are actually part number themselves.

http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/build_to_order/index. asp

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
slinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2008 at 4:42pm
Thanks for the reply. We have the Build to Order module but already have all the products setup as apparel products. Any easy way to just add an "Add a Logo" check box? Thanks.
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 4:21pm

I had a similar need and this is what I did: I modified the Sub pcs_OptionsX in ViewPrdCode to conditionally show a drop list of glass choices depending on whether the App option was named "color". I also use a custom input field with these products, but changed the code to hide it. When a choice is made from the drop down list, I use javascript to set the value of the hidden text custom input field to the selection on the drop list. I do not change the price or do anything with the glass SKU. You can see it in action here (Door Glass Color):

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcatego ry=10&idproduct=180

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic