ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

black border around store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: black border around store
    Posted: 10-November-2008 at 3:30pm
after uploading the header.asp and footer.asp and uploading, when i pull up the site i see a black border around the page. this isn't there before i upload. is there something i am missing? 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 3:57pm
Hi, Please post a URL & I'll take a look (send it via private message if you don't wish to have it visable on the forum wish).
logoworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 4:07pm
we are still in the beginning stages of building the site. but i want the header.asp and footer.asp to be right before proceeding. thank you.

http://www.bsatshirts.com/store/pc/home.asp
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 4:38pm
Hi,
   Add margin: 0; to the html,body{} in your header.asp.

By the way, I recommend moving the embedded css to a separate file when you have finished testing, so that it's not downloaded each time a new page is loaded - I'm probably teaching Grandma to suck eggs, but just in case Big%20smile

Edited by Hamish - 10-November-2008 at 4:40pm
logoworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 4:59pm
i have this code already in the header.asp. are you saying i need to add margin: 0 also?

body {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    background-image: url(images/bkg.gif);
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 5:20pm
Hi,
   Yes, add the margin:0 to the existing CSS
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 5:25pm
You need to set the margin to 0 to both html and body. Use the exact syntax provided above.

html, body { margin: 0 }

... then remove the margin definitions from the body definition, since it's redundant.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
logoworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logoworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 5:27pm
i've made the changes and i have lost the border at the top, and sides, but there is still the border at the bottom. i don't know? 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 6:42pm
Hi, It looks fine to me in F'fox & I.E. - Try a page refresh (Ctrl F5)

I also noticed in the CSS your using font-family: NimbusSanPRegConIta;
Unless the person viewing the site has that font installed (V V unlikely) they will just see whatever default font their browser is set to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic