ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fruit of the Month Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fruit of the Month Club
    Posted: 08-March-2007 at 11:34pm
I'd like to see some extra functionality in the cart that would allow for subscriptions, or allow for multiple invoices to be created with one payment.

A fruit of the month club, although cliche, is a good example.  It could run a few different ways.

1)  The customer purchases a club membership of a certain length of time, and over that period they would receive at one of your products every month.  You could technically do that now by having the club be a product and an attribute be the length of time and maybe a type like red wines or white wines, but you still have to keep track offline of whom to send what to and when, and you wouldn't have an invoice or packing slip to send with it, and inventory wouldn't be tracked.

2)  Customer pays by subscription, so each month the cart charges their credit card automatically and generates an order and invoice that we can send with the product.  When we see that the invoice is in the cart, we can go in and add the product we are going to ship them, and then print the invoice and the inventory could be adjusted as well.

It might be tricky to set up, and configuration options could be hard to get through initially, but I think the long term pay out (keeping a customer coming back without them having to do anything) is priceless.
RUOnTheNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUOnTheNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 1:46am

I wanted to bump this post to see if anyone has successfully created a subscription service or payment plan option with any PC settings.

In today's economic environment, we want to offer our clients ways to finance their purchase price over  three or four equal instalments.  

Couldn't find anything in the search of forums and KB, except this post from two years ago.

Thanks Alan

Alan,
www.AreYouOnTheNet.com
Internet Sales, Marketing & Affiliate Program Management
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 5:01am
RUOnTheNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUOnTheNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 7:06pm
Yes, I've read this,
It is also the link on/from my admin CP when I click on recurrent billing.   THere isn't any info on how to implement this in 3.5 and it also says that you are working on it...
++++++++++++++++++
Here is the text from your  link - "We are working on creating a new e-commerce system that will allow businesses to easily sell subscriptons online: setup subscription-based products and handle all sorts of related scenarios such as free trials, setup fees that are separate from subscription fees, different subscription intervals (e.g. monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.), and more!  Supported payment gateways: ....Authorize.net ...PayPal
  • Other gateways will be added at a later time
+++++++++++++++++++++
Any support or updates available on this?    The link from the cart admin CP links to this link above  - so it seems to be a dead link - no guideance and the links just link to the same text above.....and well, there is no info. anywhere .. ?????

Alan,
www.AreYouOnTheNet.com
Internet Sales, Marketing & Affiliate Program Management
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2009 at 6:42am
I think its on its way. Whether this will be implemented into an update before for v4, idk.

EI must just be testing b/c I know they have implemented on their own site with the MailUp subscription.

Looking forward to this add-on! 
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic