ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

show savings or discounts on bto pages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: show savings or discounts on bto pages
    Posted: 14-August-2009 at 4:47am
hi... would it be easy to show a regular price and then a discounted price on the bto pages?!  also, what about two running totals - one regular price and one that is a discounted price... for instance, if we wanted to do a 3% discount, that total would be on the config page as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2009 at 5:02am
I'm having a hard time trying to understand exactly what you are looking for here. Would you mind trying to explain it again in a bit more detail?
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2009 at 8:10am
For instance, on the bto configuration pages... instead of having the base price and total price... you have base price, customized price, and discounted price - which would have a real time coupon applied to it by percentage such as 3% OFF.

Default Price: $1392.00
Customizations: $0.00
Price As Customized: $1392.00
Discounted Price: $1350.00
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2009 at 2:47pm
Thanks, I've a much better picture of it now.

Question: Where is the "real time coupon" coming from? And when is it applied?
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 12:44pm
The real-time coupon is applied while you configure a bto product.... it deducts from the regular price and gives a real-time discounted price - I have seen this on tons of other shopping cart software, I'm surprised pc doesn't have a feature like this.

maybe it could be built into the admin panel's product page, where you can input the discount amount to be deducted either by dollar amount or percentage.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 12:42pm
Does anyone think this would be hard to do?!  I just need something to calculate the discount, I don't need it to deduct the discount from the actual price, meaning the regular price can still be used when the customer adds the item to cart... the discount price, just shows the price they can receive if they use a certain coupon code.

So I just need maybe a .js or something to deduct a certain percentage from the regular price in real time as the customer configures the different bto items.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2009 at 10:11am
anyone have any ideas, I really need this done
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2009 at 10:23am
JWL, this may be beyond the scope of what anyone can help with in the forum, but it may be achievable if you hire a developer to dig in and get it done.  You may want to contact a couple developers and see what they say.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 10:05am
EI any chance you can add something like this as a feature to PC in the future?!  I see this feature on lots of inferior shopping cart solutions - seems like PC should have it.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 6:29pm
i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED this feature people, it's essential
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic