ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modDiscounts.asp help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modDiscounts.asp help needed
    Posted: 11-November-2010 at 10:57am
Posted it yesterday in the wrong section, so here it is again.  Confused

I need some help with the modDiscounts.asp file in version 3.51 with parent path enabled. 
I like to offer a coupon that automatically adds a free calendar to each order.  I was basically using the Amount Discount radio button, but it does not allow me to put a 0.00 amount into it.  I can put 0.01 as a discount to make it work, but I rather do not give any money back to the customer for a free item.  So I need some help trying to figure out how to overwrite the 0.00 amount checking in the modDiscounts.asp file.
Thanks,

Edited by katharina - 11-November-2010 at 10:58am
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2010 at 6:01pm
Hi Katharina,

As a suggestion why don't you give the free calendar a price and then make the discount coupon equal to the price of the calendar so that it ends up being free.

This saves making any changes to the modDiscounts.asp file.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2010 at 6:20pm
That requires the customer to put the product into the cart.  We have some free items like that.  We are basically adding a wallet calendar as a gift from us to each order, and just would like to show it on the invoice.  
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 9:09am
How did you get the item added automatically to the cart?  Last year we did a free item like that but every customer had to enter the product into the cart manually and I got calls constantly from folks who forgot to add it or didn't realize they had to.  We want to add a free item for orders over $100.
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 5:32pm
I just tested this and was able to create a coupon with a $0.00 discount. If you post your modDiscounts.asp file here I'll take a look at it.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 5:38pm
I truly appreciate this.  Katharina

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %>
<!--#include file="AdminFooter.asp"-->

Edited by katharina - 13-November-2010 at 6:48pm
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:01pm
I'll try to use this, would you mind re-posting it as an attachment?
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:17pm
I've uploaded it as a zip file at:
http://www.davitt.com/modDiscounts.zip
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:23pm
Thanks, looking at it now. What error message does it give you when you try to save a discount with a $0 value? Did you make sure to check "price discount" even though you are entering zero? I know if i try to save a coupon without selecting either price or percentage that it doesn't work.

Like I said earlier, It works fine on my site and I can't find any code on this page that looks like it would restrict it. Going to keep looking.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:26pm
modDiscountsMODIFIED.zip

This should do the trick, but has not been tested. Save or rename your old file and upload this one to test it out. Let me know how it works. I modified lines 254 and 266.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic