ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product image spacing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product image spacing
    Posted: 02-November-2006 at 10:32pm
I saw an earlier post about changing the spacing between images on the
calegory pages, featured products page, etc. and someone mentioned in the
new version it was controlled by the css.

Which css style or styles in the two sprawling stylesheets associated with the
cart controlls the image spacing? I'd like to make the spacing between the
rows smaller. Thanks!
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2006 at 3:47am
Easiest way to do it is to cheat with MS Frontpage.  Save the page to your hard drive or if it lets you, edit the page directly.

Go to 'split' view and click on one of the tables.  In the upper pane you'll see the CSS class in quotation marks, like for example: <div id="pcMain">

Div = divider
TD = Cell
TR = Table Row
Table = Table
P = Paragraph

I'm bad at explaining things sometimes, so that might not have made much sense :D  Post your URL and let me know what you're looking to do and maybe I can help out a bit.  *laughs* I've made so many CSS and ASP changes to productcart in the last few months for my company's site that I might end up becoming an expert o_O

I say this as I begin the task of redesigning the layout for 400+ BTO items :O
jenbeast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2006 at 12:28pm
Hi thanks for the tips though I'm still unable to find the precise style in the
css docs that handle this spacing. I tried changing a few things like
"pcShowproducts", etc but didn't see any change.

This is the site- http://www.kaufers.com

There seems to be extra room between the table ROWS that I wish I could
get rid of. I'm using Dreamweaver, but that shouldn't matter.

Sounds like your site is keeping you busy! I'd love to see it.

Thanks again!
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 3:29am

oh man, I forgot about this thread!  Sorry about that :O

I think I see what the problem is: The main table has a fixed width of 735 pixels. 

The left category links have a fixed width of 220 pixels and there are three pictures in each row, each picture is 100 pixels wide.  So that makes for a total content width of 550 pixels.  The other 185 pixels is just empty space.  If you wanted to make them closer together, you could decrease the size of that table.  Or even make it wider and put in a fourth picture for each row.

Also, the background image doesn't show in Firefox.  I personally cannot stand coding for Firefox, as it uses alot of different tags.  But it's become so popular that we're kind of stuck having to code for it.

Probably the easiest way of doing it would be to create a <div> tag or a <body style> tag and add a new line to your css sheet, something like:

#background {

background-image: url('Images/tileBeige.jpg')

}

The site looks good though!

My site is www.hipepc.com hold any criticism though lol.  I'm overly sensitive about it! :D

Btw, does your company ever have a need for CD recording devices or CD duplicators?  Alot of churches like to record their sermons and then sell or give away CD recordings.  There are a few CD duplicator manufacturers here in the twin cities that commonly sell such duplicating and recording devices.

Good luck! :)

edwardmills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2006 at 7:43pm
Hi Jenbeast

Did you ever figure out which CSS style(s) control that row spacing? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks
ed
jenbeast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2006 at 9:47pm
To thedeacon: I don't see any problem with the background tile in Firefox,
so I don't know what that's about!

To ed: no-I gave up on this issue. I would also like to know an easy way to
fix this so if you find out will you please post it here? I will, too. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic