ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IE9 issue ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amscompanies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IE9 issue ?
    Posted: 11-March-2012 at 7:46am
Since upgrading to IE9 I've been unable to login to my store as a customer or am I able to create a new customer or 'Continue' through the checkout process.

What could be preventing it and how do I stop it for other customers ?
amscompanies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amscompanies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 8:08am
Got in abit of a panic when I saw this failure, plenty of advice to resolve, but I went here and solved within 2-3 minutes:

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2012 at 12:18am
Just a quip here, but they say "If at first you don't succeed, call it V 2" :-)

Well, IE is the oldest existing browser, and still at V 9 they can't get standards compliant! Boggles the mind. Though, with IE 9, they did do a bit better.

Back to PC, though: keep your eye on http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/technical-support.asp#updates -- EI is very on top of issues here (patch for this one: IE 9 Compatibility Issue - 03.11.2011)
amscompanies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amscompanies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2012 at 9:56am
To be fair it is normally the first place I check, but having seen IE updated it's self, my initial thought was panic when I saw it had stopped working.

After the panic had gone, I naturally came to this site and looked for the logical answer and thought it best simply to update my thread so that everyone could see the answer albeit quite well documented elsewhere on the site 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic