ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

View users wishlists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amscompanies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: View users wishlists
    Posted: 19-July-2012 at 8:41am
I may have missed something here, but can the store admin view a users wishlist ?
I can't see the option in the admin screens, am I being blind or does it not exist and I have to view the db to do so ?

If this is the case, big opportunity for a mod if no one hasn't written it yet ?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 2:46pm
What you can do is locate a customer and then click the "Place Order" link. This will take you to the customer's profile page from which you can click the link to "View Saved Products".
amscompanies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amscompanies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 4:44pm
Thanks for that Sean (and also the support ticket for Batch Image) now been resolved thanks to Shannon for upgrading the image script.

With regards the wishlist system, how much work would it be to view a list of items that people have added to their wishlist. I had a custom wishlist built for my OSCommerce site that allowed me to view the following:

A customers wishlist (as per your suggestion)
A list of items and the number of people that have added it to their wishlist (this is useful as it allows me to target the stock I add or purchase to satisfy my customer requirements
Finally, it worked in a similiar manner to your notify when in stock, but if it exists on someone's wishlist and the stock increases it notifies the customer
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 5:16pm
Hi Andy,

Creating a report to show a list of what products folks have added their wish lists (and customer count per product) would be very easy.

Seems to me that our Notify Me (when back in stock) add-on could be pretty easily adapted to notify folks on the wish list list as well when stock is replenished. If you are interested in pursuing that, please request it here: http://www.wmsmerchantservices.com/rfq.asp

You're currently running 4.0. If you update to 4.5, there's a new feature related to this which allows folks to explicitly save their cart for later as well. The saved carts are actually in the system automatically as of 4.0; however it wasn't until 4.5 that the feature was added to enable customers to explicitly save & name them. You can see these from the customer's profile page too. And, somewhat like the above, we have an add-on which automatically follows up on these saved & abandoned carts (the only difference between the two is whether the customer gave their saved cart a name). See http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/abandoned_cart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic