ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ePub eBooks downloading as Zipped files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvbodens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ePub eBooks downloading as Zipped files
    Posted: 26-September-2013 at 12:51pm

Our online bookstore, MilitaryFamilyBooks.com has just begun selling ebooks, using the Downloadable Products settings on Product Cart 4.6.

For the Kindle (.mobi) files, the purchase/download process is working as we imagined (and as designed, I believe.)

For the iBooks (.ePub) files, the purchase works fine, but the download is incorrect.  Rather than downloading the exact .ePub file that we've pointed it to, ProductCart somehow converts it to a .zip file. 

Has anyone heard of this happening before and what can I do to fix it?  All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Kelly
Elva Resa Publishing
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2013 at 12:42am
I would not expect this behavior to be the result of anything in ProductCart.  Have you and your host experimented with the MIME settings for your site?  This is a setting that affects IIS and would be performed directly on the server or via a hosting control panel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic