ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ontario Steward Fee added on checkout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ontario Steward Fee added on checkout
    Posted: 08-November-2013 at 11:24am
Hey all,

Has anyone implemented these fees before?
I need to add a specific fee according to product category (i.e. computer monitors = $12.25 added fee), this means it is not possible to add a fee by product since it is percentage based, and also is not effective since there will be a need to go over on each product and set it up instead of setting up for a category.
Has anyone got a clue on a good way to approach it?

Thanks!
<a href="http://www.virtualimage.ca/">Virtual Image: Website Design, Development and Hosting in Hamilton, ON</a>
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2013 at 12:21pm
custom code:  add a field to the category admin which carries the corresponding percentage.  Then you have to determine how to carry that fee into the order as it is written to the database.  In prior project, if the handling fee (associated with shipping calcs) was not in use, we have snagged that field for such a purpose.
virtualimage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2013 at 12:33pm
Hi Greg,

First of all, thank you for your reply, what if I just want to add a static fee based on each category (an exact figure), do you know which file I should put the custom code in? do you have any suggestions on where I should look as to carry that fee to the check out process?

Thanks!
<a href="http://www.virtualimage.ca/">Virtual Image: Website Design, Development and Hosting in Hamilton, ON</a>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic