ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAT - handling for non-EU locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VAT - handling for non-EU locations
    Posted: 26-August-2007 at 7:31am

We're prospective UK purchasers of PC.

I've taken a look over the demo backend and searched the forums but can't see how to apply VAT on a country-by-country basis.

We have a lot of non-EU customers and obviously they don't want to pay VAT. It seems the VAT settings and country tax settings are mutually exclusive.

Is there a workaround or mod that will take care of this? No problem to do a little coding if necessary.

I thought on a previous search I'd found something on this, but not apparent now!

Thanks

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2007 at 10:14am

Hi Mike, 

New in ProductCart v3.1, ProductCart allows you to assign Products to different VAT Rate Categories based on the Product type. You can create as many categories as you need. For instance, you could assign all "books" to a Reduced Rate category, and all "umbrellas" to a Standard Rate category.  You can do this on a country by country basis for any number of countries. We plan on making 3.1 available the week after Labor Day (first week of September).

MikeCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2007 at 5:29am

Matt,

Thanks for that info. The category feature is useful but it's the country system that really maies it. I'm sure a lot of UK / EU vendors will be pleaed with that.

Is there a feature list for v3.1 available yet please?

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2007 at 9:45am
We are still finalizing a Web page that will describe "what's new" in v3.1. It should be ready soon.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic