ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Implimenting New Features

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Implimenting New Features
    Posted: 12-September-2007 at 10:45pm

Just a general question about the new features added to an already feature packed shopping cart, is there some general documentation on how to impliment the "recently viewed products" and "better page navigation" features? If I have totally overlooked it in the download, I appologize.

Thanks in advance.

Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 3:47pm
I guess what I was looking for was what code to enter to envoke the recently viewed items list. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the "view all" page feature only applies to search results and not to general product listings; such as having a navigation link point to a category which is set to display "N" number of items. In this case there is still no "view all" page feature.
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 3:54pm
You just do an include like this:
<!--#include file="smallRecentProducts.asp"-->
in the relevant file you want to show it in.

You can see it in action here:
http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.co.uk/folk_community/pc/home.a sp
where I place it in the footer.

You'll notice I've created a bookmark for this section and put a link in the header to the bookmark.   So you can then call the recently viewed list from the header.

You can configure how many records are shown from within the asp file.

cheers
Mark
Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 4:07pm
Thanks Mark.
thrion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2008 at 11:29am
Has anyone figured out how to check to see if there are any products to view?  I'd like to change up the layout on my navigation bar based on if there are any recently viewed products or not.  Trying to figure something out like the If user not logged in, do this else do that (in terms of how it would work).

Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic