ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tax Line Not Showing - Checkout Summary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tax Line Not Showing - Checkout Summary
    Posted: 02-November-2007 at 1:07am

I don't remember seeing this before, but on my checkout summary page, the line that displays the taxes isn't showing up. If I log in and place a test order, the tax is being calculated and added to the total, it's just not displaying on it's own line which it should be. Could someone point me in the direction I should look to correct this.

Thanks in advance.

Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2007 at 3:41pm

We are having problem aswell, it will calculate taxes fine, but if we were to add another product or make any changes to the order for example by adding a processing fee, the tax will go to $0 and we won't be able to adjust the tax!

We've been having to add the tax in the processing fee which is going to confuse the customer when they receive their invoice and also it will make it very difficult for us when we do our paper work.

All of this happened to us after we did the site upgrade and I hope this problem will be resolved quickly.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2007 at 4:26pm
Please open a support ticket if you have not done so already. Thank you.
EarlJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 8:38am

I'm also having this same problem.

I have opened a support ticket.

EarlJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 10:34am

Update.

Support emailed over an updated file.

Uploaded the file, ran a couple of test transactions and evrything appears to be working correctly. 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 3:35pm
I've just sent a support ticket
Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2007 at 1:46am

Just an update to the issue my store was having. Thanks to the excellent detective work by the Early Impact Technical Support Team, they were able to identify and fix the problem. It turns out that somehow the file "taxsettings.asp" located within the "includes" folder had the Canadian tax option set to on "1", when it should have been set to off "0". Here's the offending line of code:

private const ptaxCanada="1"

I just wanted to publicly thank everyone who helped in solving this issue.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2007 at 2:15pm

Sorry for the late post, but just a few hours after sending in my support ticket, they sent the file and the problem is resolved...truly excellent support!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic