ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Shipping Options not shown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Shipping Options not shown
    Posted: 10-May-2008 at 5:53pm
Hi,

I'm setting up shipping for my site and having one problem that I'm hoping someone can help with...

I set up the following for shipping:
- UPS Ground (free for orders > $300)
- Fedex Overnight
- Fedex 2-Day
- Fedex Ground (free for orders > $300)

I ran a test where I had an order total that was > $300. For shipping, I was expecting to see the two free options plus the Overnight and 2-Day options (at a normal shipping charge), in case the customer wanted to get the order quicker than ground would deliver it. However, I only get the two free options.

Note that I have verified that as long as I keep the order cost less than $300, all options are shown.

Is there an easy way to make this happen?

Thanks,
        Dave
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2008 at 7:27pm
I got tricked by that one a long while ago.  The text say free shipping over xyz.
This means you have to say free shipping over 299.99.  This does not include the 299.99 but starts with 300.00.
Katharina
Davep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 5:44pm
Hi Katharina:

Thanks for the response - I think my situation is a bit different though.  In the test that I ran, the total was $320 and I told PC to give free shipping to all orders over $300.

What seems to be happening is that if you offer free ground shipping for orders over a certain amount, the other shipping options (the ones that a customer should be able to select even though they will have to pay to get these options) are not shown.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.  Thanks,
                Dave
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 7:39pm
I have the same scenario, but not the same problem.  I offer postal and ups shipping options.  Order over 150 dollars worse and you get ups ground for free.  It still shows postal and other ups shipping options at cost.  You know there can be so many things causing problems.  I had 2 occasions with problems that were in connection with the server I was using.  Each time I opened a trouble ticket with EI and they usually fixed it within a day (sometimes within an hour).  They are testing many scenarios, but you can bet there is always the unexpected coming up eventually.  All I can say I'm pleased with their service and care.  I've been using PC for 5 years now, and have no intent of every trying another cart.  Each upgrade makes the product better and better.
Katharina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic