ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with Google Base Feed feature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with Google Base Feed feature
    Posted: 06-June-2008 at 11:57am
I'm having an issue with the "Generate Google Base File" feature. I'm running v3.12. Here's what happens:

The first step functions flawlessly. I choose the categories I wish to add to the display, proceed to step two, which displays the items. Then I click the button to generate the feed. At this point it runs through the process and then generates a zero byte file.

I read the thing about limiting keyword phrases to 9 and I know that I am compliant here. I modded the custom data export to allow me to export meta data, which i then brought into compliance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
H.L.
hlwilson3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2008 at 2:18pm
I think I've found my problem. It seems to be an issue with file size. I can break up the file in segments and it seems to work that way.
hlwilson3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 12:33pm
I was wrong. It's not a file size issue. I don't know what the heck it is!!! It's intermittant. I was able to get it to work once... Anyone use this feature?
H.L.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic