ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping is turned off somehow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allensp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping is turned off somehow
    Posted: 17-June-2008 at 9:11am
I have been all over my control panel trying to figure out why when a user checkouts they are getting this message for shipping options:

We were not able to calculate shipping rates for your order at this time. If you continue the checkout process, we will contact you after we receive your order to discuss shipping options with you. Shipping charges will be added to your order at that time.

I have all the UPS shipping options turned on.

Anybody have an idea? Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 10:07am
Hi,
  The text is from includes/languages_ship.asp
The var containing the string is english_chooseshpmnt_g
It's used in pc/chooseShpmnt.asp
If you look at the code it's dependent on a couple of things -

'=============================================================================
                                ' START show messages about no shipping options available
                                ' No shipping rates and checkout allowed
'=============================================================================   
        If DCnt=0 then
           if scAlwNoShipRates="-1" then

-  Double check your shipping & checkout are enabled.  There has been messaages on the forum about USPS changes - perhaps that is impacting you? - ALthough looking at the code the detail which results in Dcnt > 0 is based on some data read from the DB.

allensp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allensp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 10:23am
Where do I check the shipping and checkout? I have looked EVERYWHERE, at least I thought I had.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 11:46am
In the admin panels - Shipping > Shipping Settings, there is a tickbox for :
"Allow customers to complete order if no shipping rates are returned. This will allow you to manually calculate and add the shipping rates before actual shipment of the order."

That's what sets / unsets scAlwNoShipRates :-
I suspect you are not getting rates back from UPS correctly. As I don't use UPS I can't shed any light on that specifically I'm afraid.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 11:53am
There's plenty in the manual about UPS. Are you on V3?
- In V3 there is a new "UPS Shipping Center" in the admin panels.

" New in ProductCart v3 is the Shipping Center, which allows UPS-activated stores to ship and
ag packages and print shipping labels. You can do all this and mu
ducCart Control Panel using the Shipping Center. "

When did the issue start occurring - does it coincide with any changes / updates you have made?   
allensp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allensp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 2:20pm
Well, I know that it is not the tick box under settings. I had already looked there. That is not checked.

I am using version 3. I just now started to get into it...we have had it for awhile, so I do not know if this has been a problem from the beginning.

I don't see this UPS Shipping Center you are talking about. I will look harder.

I also have a ticket open with product cart and they are looking at it for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic