ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Categories - Priority

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Categories - Priority
    Posted: 29-June-2008 at 1:32pm
Upgrading from 2.76 - 3.12
I was happy to see a "priority" field in the database, I'm assuming it's there to change the order of displaying categories, because we'd made a custom field for that. I also see where it's referenced by some category display code in the cart.

What I'm not seeing is a way to manage that field. Nothing in manageCategories.asp, nothing in add/edit category pages.
Tim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 1:29pm
I'm running 3.12a.  On manageCategories.asp, there is a link toward the top right of the content area next to "Find a category" that reads "Order."  Clicking on this gives me a screen where I can update the category ordering using numbers 1-*.  Hope this is what you are looking for?  I'm a PC newbie, so if I misunderstood...just trying to help!
--
Tim Salam
Stuffington Bear Factory
~Teddy Bears Made in the USA~
http://www.stuffington.com/
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 1:40pm
Thank you very much, I didn't see that link at all. I was expecting to see the categories listed in the designated order with the option to update the order on that page. That must have been something I also customized and forgot I did it.

I appreciate you taking time to alert me to what I was missing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic