ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Size Attributes and Quantities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Size Attributes and Quantities
    Posted: 30-June-2008 at 11:45am
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. I have a product that comes in Small Medium and Large and I have, for example, 25 Large, 10 Medium and 5 small. When I set up the product and assign a quantity and then add the Size attribute, how do I indicate the quantities for the other two sizes? Confused It seems that this should be a very common issue.

Alan
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 11:56am
You cannot do that with the regular version.  For this you would have to buy the apparel add on.  http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/apparel-software.asp
Katharina
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 11:59am
Hi Alan,
     You have a couple of choices on this one.
a) Use different SKU's for each version.
or..
b) Use the Apparrel  Add-On for product cart

The Apparel add-on is designed for any site where items come in a range of styles - e.g clothing, but also potentially saddles etc.
I'd say that would be the one that best matches your needs.
Each variation on the item has it's own SKU and it's own stock levels etc etc.

To allow an even greater level of customization you could go to the BTO version, where clients could pick a whole range of attributes and have the product price adjusting automatically.
For example (& excuse if my example is rubbish as I know nowt about saddles)

- Pommel style
- Leather Colour
- Leather Quality
- Leather tooling
- Size
  etc etc.

For ultimate control you could have the Conflict Management Add-on - which builds on the BTO version by allowing fine control over options that cannot be selected together.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 12:30pm
Thank you Katharina and Hamish. I didn't think about the Apparel add-on as I don't sell clothing however that would work. I suppose that the best option for me is the BTO and maybe the CM add-on but at the moment the $ are too important. I'll go with the separted sku idea.

Thanks again

Alan
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 12:42pm
Hi Alan,

I would say that having the extra customer ease of use - easier to navigate to what you want etc, is well worth while in the Apparel add-on. It only has to result in very few extra sales to more than cover it's cost - for saddles I'm guessing very few.

The jump to BTO is quite a bit more, but essential for some sites.

I'm not sure how many products, or rather products with multiple versions, you have, which is always a consideration on these things. If you have a small range, then the impact on the website experiance of having separate products is less, but if you have, or are going to have a fair number, then it's definately worth while.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic