ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Locate a Customer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locate a Customer
    Posted: 24-June-2008 at 10:24am
I have a test store setup for V3.12. I'm entered as a customer. If I enter my last or first name then it finds me fine. But, my name doesn't appear on the auto fill lookup list so I checked a few other names. It seems like viewCustXML.asp doesn't have all the customer names listed.

"Customers" table currently has 601 customers but I don't see any limitations in the code, what am I missing?
Confetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Confetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2008 at 2:49pm
I think this is a small bug.  I've notice the same on my store, but have not gotten around to contact PC.  Please submit a report ticket, and it should be fixed in no time.  Then post the result here for my benefit (and others?). 
Also, to toss in a recommendation.  For anyone thinking of purchasing an ecommerce program, the program is only as good as the support, and PC support is simply brilliant. 
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:07pm
The reply that I received is that's a "Adobe Spry framework for AJAX" widget so EI will need an update/fix from them.

bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2008 at 10:42am
I've found the same problem. Where the same name, or city, is used for several customers, the auto suggestion does not find all of them, although the main search function does. Specifically, if the same surname is used for 3 customers, only the first 2 customers are suggested. If a name is used for 2 customers, neither is suggested (sometimes). I'll look to see if there's a Spry update from Adobe.

Agreed, PC support is excellent.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2008 at 11:42am
There was also a bug in the code that generated the XML feed used by the SPRY auto-suggest. This has been fixed for the upcoming version 3.5.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2008 at 12:22pm
Thanks for the link to the v3.5 details. I'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times, but when will it be available?
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic