ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help with header/footer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help with header/footer
    Posted: 29-October-2008 at 6:29pm
I am starting to feel really stupid. I read the instructions in the manual on how to edit the header and footer ten times. I opened the Header.asp and footer.asp and copied the footer. asp code below the header.asp code, saved it as a different name and then switched to preview mode in my HTML editor. All was fine. THEN I switch to design mode and the whole dang thing disappears. I switch back to the code view and there is nothing there. I have done this 5 times and always as soon as I switch to design view everything vanishes! Please help before I pitch my laptop out the window.

Many thanks.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2008 at 6:20pm
Hi SassyOne - Do you still have your laptop ?
Have you solved this or is it still a problem - and are they the default "as supplied" header & footer your working with? Sounds like a bug with the software your using, but may not be.
SassyOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 2:40pm
Hi Hamish,
I switched programs and it is working now. I was originally editing in coffeecup editor and was seeing those odd occurrences, I switched back to Frontpage and am fine now. Thank you for checking on me Smile
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 3:50pm
Hi,
   No problem!
I think you will need to look for a different editor than Frontpage as well in the future as it's now "end of life" and was never the greatest of editors - still, to get a working header and footer it should be fine :-) 
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 4:50pm
I highly recommend checking out the FrontPage replacement, Microsoft "Expressions" web designer! They have really kicked this up a notch over the old FrontPage to the point where it can actually be considered as a serious contendor/replacement for Dreamweaver. I used it to design our two ProductCart sites & now Dreamweaver is collecting dust on my harddrive. Smile
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 6:01pm
Hi Stuck, 
  Dust + Harddrive = Dead harddrive Cry

LOL
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 6:59pm
Right Hamish, guess I should just donate my copy of Dreamweaver to charity or some needy sole, I will make that one of my new years resolutions. Wink
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 2:58pm
Thought I'd throw in my two cents. Stuck is right on. I went from FrontPage, tried Dreamweaver and now have been using Expressions Web for sometime and it's great. Definitely a Dreamweaver replacement. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic