ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie here needs help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie here needs help
    Posted: 24-November-2008 at 6:19pm
I can't figure out how to change the font size and color for the Category listings on my home page. Can anyone help?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 6:28pm
Well, the short answer is that you have to alter the CSS in the pcStorefront.css file.  If you want a less-general question, you may want to first identify the style that is assigned to the text you are trying to change, and if you are not successful in changing it you may find it more useful to ask about that specific style and text element. 
cris2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 6:39pm
So I am very new to all of this stuff so excuse my ignorance. I went to my ftp and opened up the file you mentioned. I have done this several times to no avail. I then find the line that I think needs to be changed and make the changes and save it. However when i open up the file again my changes were not saved and thus no changes made. Am i doing something wrong?

My site is www.teamstitches.com. You can barely read the category headings on the left menu bar.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:05pm
Hi Cris,
  I'll take a look. A very useful way of checking and changing the CSS is using Firefox with the "Web Developer"  add-in - You can change a copy of the CSS in real-time and see the impact directly on the real page. You can then save the CSS file you have chnaged and upload it to make it the actual one used by the site. I use it frequently.
cris2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:09pm
Unfortunately I do not have Firefox. I can add stuff to my website through the control panel but am clueless on the behind the scenes stuff.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:16pm
OK, Try adding :
            #tsCategoryNav td {
                font-size:11px;
                font-weight: bold;
                }   
to teamstiches2008.css
I placed it just after the #tsCategoryNav .title {} selector - seemd a sensible place to put it.
cris2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:17pm
Looks like it just got fixed! i don't know if someone else fixed this or if I finally hit the right button but it is finally working. Yeah!
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:29pm
If you are building your own store, you would be wise to install Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/ and check the site in at least that and IE 6 and 7. 

There are (sometimes significant) differences between the various browsers, and such widespread use of each of those, you would be wise to examine your changes in each so that you know every visitor will have a successful and consistent viewing experience.

cris2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:53pm
Thanks for the tip. I will check it out! I am about to post another question so maybe you can help out again
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 8:00pm
There are other advantages to Firefox.  It is faster.  I used IE for doing the ebay addon, and it took forever to create listings.  5 minutes was normal.  Firefox does the same task in less then a minute.   I also like the way Firefox handles passwords.  It does not only save it, like IE, is also lets you look at actual passwords.  No more *** guesses.  I just like it so much that I rarely use IE.  Best of all it is free.
Katharina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic