ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide New Arrivals, Best Sellers, & Specials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide New Arrivals, Best Sellers, & Specials
    Posted: 01-January-2009 at 9:28pm
Is it possible to hide New Arrivals, Best Sellers, & Specials from the Homepage as well as under the "Other Links"?

I went into Marketing and Manage New Arrivals, etc and changed everything to "no" and set the number of products to "0" but it still says "New Arrivals under Other Links and on the Homepage. Is it possible to hide these?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 5:14pm
Hi Nas,
     Just take the appropriate lines out of your pc/header.asp file - The provided file is just an example and you can either modify it or create a new one to meet your needs.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 5:32pm
Oops - Sorry Nas, you mean those across the bottom of the page.... 1 Tick...
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 5:52pm
Hi Nas, Do you want to just hide them/remove them from the bottom of the home page - or not have any anywhere?

nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2009 at 6:10pm
At the present I don't want to have them anywhere on the website. It's a new website that we are working on. When it first goes live, hopefully this week, we don't want them on there. BUT we want the option of adding them in the future. So we are looking more to hide them at the present vs. totally remove them from the site.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 1:38pm
I found this is the wiki "For any of the product sections that can be shown on the home page, enter “0” to hide that section. For example, if you don't want to show “specials” on the home page, enter “0” in the corresponding input field. Use the Order field to set the order in which the sections should be shown." According to my control panel, there are no specials, however the heading "specials" still appears. In "best sellers" I change the number to "0" and when I tell it to update it continuously changes it back to "14". "New Arrivals" is also set to "0" but still appears".
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 2:08pm
Hi Nas,
   I think you mak be changing on a different admin page, so changing how many are shown elsewhere. Go to Marketing > Manage Home Page and there is a section there called  "Products to Show" - Change the numbers to zero there and t should accept them and hide the sections.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 2:27pm
Thank you Hamish! You were right, I was making the change on a different page. Those three items are now gone from the homepage BUT they still appear to the left under "Other Links". Do you know how to hide it there as well as hide "Browse By Price"?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 2:35pm
You have to edit the header.asp file to get those.  If you need specifics, tell us, but go look and see if you can get it done.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic