ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping rate caps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping rate caps?
    Posted: 06-January-2009 at 3:37pm
I'm trying to figure out if i can set a max price on a specific shipping service. What i want to do is cap USPS first class at $1.50 or even set it at a flat rate, is there a way to do this?

I see that i can make a custom shipping option but id rather have it appear in the USPS tab on the shipping estimate if possible.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2009 at 7:18pm
Hi Alphablu,
     I'm not aware of any way of capping the shipping cost other than some custom coding, which I suspect would be fairly simple to implement. At $1.50 I would just create a custom shipping option and say that the items are being sent by USPS.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2009 at 7:34pm
Hamish,

Do you have an idea as to how to have a single product (which we want to ship via a flat fee) have the custom shipping be the only shipping option shown to the customer? It appears that upon check out, all shipping options are shown to the customer.

Thanks

Alan
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2009 at 8:36pm
Alan - what happens when other items appear in the order?  Would this be the only item typically purchased on such an order, or could there be products which require different shipping rules on the same order?
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2009 at 11:36am
Thanks Greg, my assumption was they would only order that single item but you are absolutely correct. Other items in the cart would require alternate shipping costs. I guess the only way this would work is if each product could be assigned to a specific shipping method (or rather default to ALL but allow an item to be set individually). Guess this is for a wish list.

Thanks again

Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic