ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random featured products.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random featured products.
    Posted: 11-December-2008 at 9:15am
Hello there,

I am experimenting with adding the featured products to my homepage as we have a wide range of products coming in but it seems to only show the same products each time you visit the page. Does anyone know a way to make featured products change randomly so whenever a customer vists our homepage a new selection is shown.

Thanks in advance Andy,

Need a bespoke PC built to order? come to www.landmarq.co.uk
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 10:18am
We could easily develop that.  Please contact me directly.
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 1:43pm
Hi Andy,

I have modified the featured products code on my store to do exactly what you have described. A subset of the featured products is shown randonly on each visit. You can see it working on the home page of my site - www.bodyexposed.co.uk

Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
Andy @ Landmarq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 6:08am
Hi Richard,

That's exactly what I am looking for (not the undies though don't have the body for them) LOL Would you be able to let me know how you managed that as that would do just the trick? Also do you know if your mod would work for the 'highlight first product/product of the month' item such as I have active on my testpage https://www.landmarq.me.uk/productcart/pc/andyshome.asp as ideally I would like to have maybe 6/7 products rolling round on the frontpage with one in the highlight box.

Thanks in advance Andy,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 6:53am
Andy, I've emailed you with the code I used.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 6:04am
Hello Richard

Thanks for the code you sent over unfortunately I could not integrate it with my code looks like our products carts base code is pretty different, your code was helpful in showing me where to look so thanks for sending it over.  Been tied up with other things since but I decided to give it another go yesterday and with a bit work have 4 seperate random products boxes running at once to highlight a different product for each range we wish to promote.

Should be on the homepage soon but if anyone wants info on how I did this I will be happy to share my code (messy as it is)
Thornapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 12:59am
Boo

I wants it!!!!

I asked about doing the same thing some time back and was told it wasnt able to be done due to database calls and problems.

Could I please get the code as well?

New site re-skin in the works and would love to roll out random products at the same time.

Great work. ... Think I would look rather featching in the tartan man skirt. Well over my tartan pants with boots anywho...

Looking forward to seeing the code.

Dearly Departed

Alex
All your Dark wee Heart could ever Desire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 4:31am
Hello Thornapple,

Been away from work for a few days once I'm on top of things I shall sort the code out and post over what I have.

Regards Andy,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 7:23am
Alex, if Andy's code is not what you need, I'll send you mine.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

Thornapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 4:48pm
Boo

Great! I would love to see booth of your codes as it sounds like they are a lil different.

Hmm should post it here so the devs and other people can have a look as well.

I think such an option would make product cart stand out even more than other e-commerce software out there currently.

Thanks Guys!

Alex
All your Dark wee Heart could ever Desire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic