ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help - Drill-down Navigation Widget Margin in IE7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help - Drill-down Navigation Widget Margin in IE7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help - Drill-down Navigation Widget Margin in IE7
    Posted: 12-November-2008 at 7:56am
I can not seem to get the bottom margin to change in IE7. It looks fine in FF but has to much bottom margin in IE7. I can add margin to the widget but when I set the bottom margin to 0, IE7 still has about 3 times as much as FF. I tried moving the widget to different locations on the page and it does the same thing no matter where I place it.  Here is a link to show what I am talking about.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 8:40am
Hi hhsign,

Thanks for pointing this out. We can replicate it on our test stores, so we will look into it and find a solution.

As you know, IE and FireFox handle padding and margins differently, unfortunately, which creates all sort of headaches.

We'll post back here when we find a fix.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 8:58am
Found the problem. Please add the following style definition to the CSS document "pc/pcSearchFields.css"

form#CSF {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

This should do it.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
hhsign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 9:43am

It works!

Thanks
hhsign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 10:04am

Just found another quirk in IE7 that does not show up in FF.

If you click on the + sign, then directly under the Narrow By: it jumps way down like there is a lot of padding added. It does not do this in FF.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic