ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wizard for making viewprd configurable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wizard for making viewprd configurable
    Posted: 15-January-2006 at 7:40pm
It maybe my ignorance but it seems that it would be more than very useful if there were more guidance or a wizard for enabling the reconfiguration of the layout of the ASP for viewprd.asp. The sample sites clearly show that others have found work arounds. Could the manual or elsewhere provide a "how to" for this.

For example I would like to have a further 3 or 4 fields that may or maynot be shown on this page dependent on whether the fields are empty or not. There does not seem to be any I would really love the ability to be able to set option for user button on this page to link to a further window (e.g. by enabling action script getUrl() or similar).

Even if not - is there more detailed design specifications available for this type of question so that it is easier to maore progress rather than having to self-navigate.

Nonetheless - I think you do a great job with you general manual - it is truely very good. However the product contains such a wide range of capability that access to detailed programming support is needed.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 7:19pm

We agree, and wish we had the capacity to output such technical documentation on a regular basis. Unfortunately we don't at this time, but we will try to improve our manuals in the future.

viewPrd.asp is commented pretty well in the code, though. So you should be able to find your way around.

If you have specific questions about the page, post them here and other ProductCart users might reply.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 8:04pm
To be honest - I am finding the modification of this page particularly difficult. This page is not IMO well commented but it could just be me.

If anyone else has a different template for this that they are willing to share particularly if you have embedded out objects (i.e. graphics file or record specific elements) called from the database - I would be grateful to try and emulate thos that have gone before.
watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 4:47am
I have not done it for the product template but did something similar for the order invoices
I am a novice; maybe a pro will step in with a  better route, but here goes

First I located a variable (field name) that was handled simialarly to the new one I wanted to add
search the file for all occurance of that variable and copied the commands or inserted my variable name. My variable was content1

Generally there will be select function - it gets ties the data base field to the program
select function -
mySQL="SELECT sku,content1,description,weight FROM products WHERE idproduct="& pidProduct

A define comand -
pcontent1=rsTemp2("content1")

Then you place it in the html portion of the page
<td class="infocell" valign="top" align="left" bordercolor="#000000" ><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><%=psku%> - <%=pcontent1%> - <%=pDescription%></font></td>

Your milage may vary but it worked for what I was trying to do

Edited by watercrazed - 19-February-2006 at 4:54am
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 8:23am
Thanks Watercrazed - I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Especially as it is my birthday today!

I'll try it out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic