ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muiltiple Parent Categories 4 Categories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbickhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muiltiple Parent Categories 4 Categories
    Posted: 31-August-2007 at 5:09pm

Is There A Way to Have Muiltiple Parent Categories For A Category?

I would like to have one category with all the sub categories & products show up in different catogeries.

Ex..Category A, Category B & Category C.

I would like Category C to be an sub category of Category A & Category B.

The reason why I ask is because this would save time without have to create extra categories that contain the same product. This is a great way of cross selling without having to create any many categories and linking products to as many catogeries

Thanks in Advance for anyones help!

Edited by sbickhart - 31-August-2007 at 5:12pm
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2007 at 11:44pm
I just tried selecting multiple Parent Categories for 1 category and it doesn't work for me. I have the standard version 3.051.
But I do agree that it would make it easier if you could select multiple parent categories if you needed to. I just have several categories in which one product can be in.
Hope that helped. Wasn't any new info. :(
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2007 at 7:36am

Hi Linda,

Sorry, a bit off topic.  Your website looks great but I seem to be getting a misaligned top menu bar and was wondering whether it was a browser or screen res issue that you were unaware of.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2007 at 4:52pm
That does seem weird. Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if it is a browser issue. I use firefox on my Mac and it looks just fine. What browser are you using and is it a PC or Mac. Can you refresh and see if it changes? I didn't design it myself so I'll have to check with my designer to see what he can do about it but I would need more info if you have time. Thanks again.
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2007 at 2:48am

I am running IE 6 on a PC.  Funnily enough I have a Mac on order which should be arriving tomorrow.  I'll see if I get the same problem on it when its up and running.

Funnily enough I did notice the same thing on your site about a month back because you have been such a helpful contributor to these forums.  I did'nt think much of it then because I assumed you might have been doing some mods to your site.

Best Regards

Matt

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2007 at 2:57am
hmmmm... i'm stumped. I also tried it on my PC running firefox and it looks ok. Maybe it's IE. I hate IE. But I know most people still use it. I'll have to check. Thanks for the feedback.
Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2007 at 2:30pm
I tried multiple parents categories but what we've had to do is have multiples since we couldn't find a way to have multiple parent categories.
cbadchris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbadchris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 3:34pm

I have had to do the same thing. I have thought about altering the code, but I cannot keep doing that because the updates are getting really painful.

This one is for the pc developers to do.

Chris

cbadchris
Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 1:15pm
This clutters our website since we have so many categories now!
Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 4:17pm
fidjiti, I just tried your website and it looks fine. I'm running IE 7 on a PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic