ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Support HTML code in Emails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thegardenbath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegardenbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Support HTML code in Emails
    Posted: 17-November-2009 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Sean@WMS Sean@WMS wrote:

Hi Cindy,

Last word I had on this from EI a month back or so is that they will not be implementing HTML formatted emails in v4.

We just finished an add-on for this for 3.51, and know I know why they didn't have time to do it! Lots of work.

We're just beta testing it now for all of the various content that can go into order confirmation emails and should have packaged and released by end of next week.

Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our releases and other PC news: twitter.com/SeanWMS

Hi Sean!  Any update on this mod?  I just checked both twitter and your PC add-ons section and don't find any mention of it at all. 

I'm interested in your anonymous checkout mod too, but I'd love to buy both once the html one is ready.  Thanks for the great work & any update you might have!  :)

-------------------
ProductCart v3.51
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2009 at 7:32pm
EI Update -- unfortunately, we ran out of time and were not able to add support for HTML e-mails in v4.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2009 at 7:10pm
Hi Cindy,

Last word I had on this from EI a month back or so is that they will not be implementing HTML formatted emails in v4.

We just finished an add-on for this for 3.51, and know I know why they didn't have time to do it! Lots of work.

We're just beta testing it now for all of the various content that can go into order confirmation emails and should have packaged and released by end of next week.

Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our releases and other PC news: twitter.com/SeanWMS
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2009 at 12:43pm
Hi, Is this actually true, did the emails change to html in the new version?
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2009 at 4:46am
Yes, at least some of the e-mails will be converted to HTML in version 4.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 9:24pm
I'd agree that HTML formatted emails would be a popular option for merchants. Perhaps this would be coming out with version 4?

If not, or in any event, I could create an add-on for this easily enough if anyone is interested.
ShoeSells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShoeSells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 10:34am
This would be a good feature to add to ProductCart.   We have added html emails to our site.   Register on our site and you will receive one.   www.danielgreen.com
BNC4477 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BNC4477 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2007 at 12:34am
It would make ProductCart generated emails to customers look a lot more professional if we could insert HTML code into them.  Examples would be using bold attribute or different fonts for emphasis, including pictures and logos, and making shipping tracking numbers into links that point to the carrier's website to make it easy for the customer to track their items.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic