Topic ClosedNew QuickBooks Add-on In Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
austcold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2008 at 7:05am

Using Quickbooks 08/09 multi user in Australia.

Will need to support GST Here, I had to modify the language file and change VAT to GST, this may be an issue with creating invoices etc.

Sounds like a powerful feature, will save lots of data entry time.

The sooner the better.
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

cheflink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2008 at 7:36pm
Hi - just wondering how the new add on is progressing for the AU version of quickbooks and if there is any sign of a date, or if you need beta testers I would be happy to help

Cameron
hometownworks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

Is the data about the 15,000 products already in place somewhere, anywhere? Are they already in ProductCart?

Sorry I wasn't any clearer in my first post.  The current data doesn't exist for all practical purposes (acutally it does but in an old obsolete and innacurate system that we can't export, think 5-1/4" floppies and DOS, seriously!) so the owner was planning to start from scratch and re-key it somewhere.  My thoughts were that we would start setting up each item in Quickbooks, and when the new Add-On comes out, then we would import the items into ProductCart. 

I just wanted to make sure that I set them up correctly in Quickbooks so that they will readily transfer to ProductCart when the new Add On is available
Hometown Works Website Development
bgdoxtek View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 4:11pm
Will the add-on source code be provided so that we can make our own modifications?
CardinalArmory View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

cardinal armory,

Thank you for your feedback.  That is what we are looking for... very specific examples.  I'll post back with more details later, but generally speaking we have you covered.

The only question I have for you right now is do you build the assemblies when you get the order, or well in advance?
While subassemblies (i.e. barrels, forend kits, etc.) are on-the-shelf, the custom upper assemblies are all truly built-to-order.  The beauty of PC-BTO with Conflict Management is it gets me away from the desk and phone, custom-configuring and pricing every possible combination of AR-15 upper assemblies that my customers could possibly want us to build.  I would guess that there are over 10,000 possible ways we could assemble the BTO products.  And the CM module makes them all real and buiild-able.  I could not do this without BTO/CM

Even the "Standard" upper assemblies are built after the order is received, and they are BTO products in PC.

In other words, I use PC-BTO/CM 100%.

- Tim
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:44pm
Is the data about the 15,000 products already in place somewhere, anywhere? Are they already in ProductCart? If so it will be almost certainly possible & much more efficient than starting from scratch, to convert the data into a format ready for importing into QB (with or without the add-on).  It may well need additional information adding , but anything to start from is great.
A google on "quickbooks data import" gives 148k hits, so there's plenty of info out there about it,  but most important is making sure the data is clean and accurate.  Getting summer helpers, or whomever, to key in 15,000 products from scratch will give a relatively high number of errors. Some googling threw up a figure of 1 - 1.5% as a typical error rate, although with no information as to the type of data being entered. At 1% thats 150 records that will be incorrect, so quality checking will be important.
Just my 2cents :-)
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:41pm
bgdoxtek,

Earlier in this thread I posted a features list. Feel free to take a look and send us your feedback.  The documentation is in progress on the ProductCart Wiki.  However, the particular section is not ready for public viewing.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:37pm
cardinal armory,

Thank you for your feedback.  That is what we are looking for... very specific examples.  I'll post back with more details later, but generally speaking we have you covered.

The only question I have for you right now is do you build the assemblies when you get the order, or well in advance?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 3:35pm
hometownworks,

It depends on your time line.  The old Add-on does not import 15,000 at one time very well.  The new Add-on is designed to do it in small batches (but automatically and painless). However, we will not have the Beta out for at least a month or so. Manual entry will surely work, but will take awhile.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.
hometownworks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 2:07pm
I have a client that is ready to input all of his 15,000 items into Quickbooks (he hired summer help).  In anticipation of the new add-on, shall I use the current method recommended to add my items to Quickbooks?  Or is there some other methodology?  I'm starting with a clean slate but with this many products, I don't want to have to redo anything.
Hometown Works Website Development
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic