ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew QuickBooks Add-on In Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2008 at 11:33am
It would be great if you could post the list of features that are already planned, so we could comment on those and avoid posting anything that's already included.

TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2008 at 12:30pm
I agree with bgdoxtek, it would be a little bit easier if we could see what you're already working on and planning to implement so we could then comment on what's missing or how it should be done, etc.

My biggest issue, which I've mentioned in other threads, is that if you use QuickBooks Point of Sale in addition to QuickBooks Financial, your inventory is no longer managed in QB Financial.  So any add-on which tries to synchronize inventory and sales receipts directly with QB Financial is going to be pointless for anyone that uses POS.   It will still be necessary to double-entry every ProductCart sale into QB POS and there would be no point in buying such an add-on for anyone who uses POS at their physical stores that I can think of.

QB POS already takes care of the synchronization with QB Financial, so in a way it seems like a tie-in with QB POS would even be far easier than the integration with QB Financial.  Off the top of my head, all the PC add-on would need is the ability to sync inventory levels/products and pass sales receipts.  QB POS would then handle all the passing of financial data, COGS, sales tax, etc. to QB Financial and all would be right with the world.  :)

I'd be more than happy to help beta-test or provide feedback on anything that will help the integration between PC and QB POS.

For those of you that don't use POS, sorry for the distraction, I know a better and easier integration with QB is something we're all after.

Seth Haber
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:19pm

Integration with POS is on the roadmap. 

The POS integration will contain the same features as Financial, but will have added support for POS specific features (e.g. Departments).  For this reason it makes sense to complete the integration with Financials, and then complete the POS features second.

Here is a “quick” list of some of the features, but this certainly isn’t all inclusive. 

- Bi-directional inventory synchronization

- Apparel Products and Sub-Products

- BTO Items

- Standard Products

- Export Orders as Sales Receipt, Invoice, or Sales Orders

- Assembly Items

- Customer Import/ Export

- Product Import/ Export

- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items

If you have not heard from me in awhile you can rest assured it is because we are working day and night to complete the new features.  So please keep the feedback coming!  I am posting a couple new questions for the community and I hope everyone takes a moment to respond.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:21pm
How many of you need support for CA and UK?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:23pm
Is anyone using Innovative Merchant Solutions to accept credit cards offline?  You can PM me if you want to answer this question privately.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:24pm
Leah - We can see how Sales Orders will be useful. For instance, if the customers order frequently and you want to combine the sales orders onto one invoice from inside QuickBooks. Can you please expand on your requirements for Sales Orders?  Will you also be using Invoices or Sales Receipts?  Do you need the ability to choose which orders export as what type (e.g. all check payments export as Sales Orders).

Anyone else can feel free to jump in on this question as well.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 10:32pm
Matt, you probably already know that I have a Canadian customer who has offered to be a tester.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 3:13pm
Does anyone use the "Price Description" and "Purchase Description" fields when creating inventory items?

If so, what type of information do you usually enter here?
bgdoxtek View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Does anyone use the "Price Description" and "Purchase Description" fields when creating inventory items?

The UI is a bit different on my end (QB Premier 2005).  It shows "Sales Information, Description on Sales Transactions" & "Purchase Information, Descriptions on Purchase Transactions".  These fields are for the item description.  We use the same text for both.

The Sales description shows up on invoices and sales orders. 
The Purchase description shows up on purchase orders. 

EarlJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Matt

Originally posted by bgdoxtek

The UI is a bit different on my end (QB Premier 2005).  It shows "Sales Information, Description on Sales Transactions" & "Purchase Information, Descriptions on Purchase Transactions".  These fields are for the item description.  We use the same text for both.

The Sales description shows up on invoices and sales orders. 
The Purchase description shows up on purchase orders. 

Ditto

We're using QB Premier Retail 2006.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic