ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a JavaScript expert to fix my mess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a JavaScript expert to fix my mess
    Posted: 14-May-2008 at 5:59pm
Hi,

I just made my first attempt to customize my two header.asp file (associated with the index.asp & viewcontent.asp files). I'm convinced I cut/pasted or did something to mess them up. Two problems:

The rotating images on my front page no longer work: http://hogwild.spiderhost.com/

It want to align images to the absMiddle (next & prev buttons on this page)

It also did it on this page until I specified individual TDs for each image

AND the link to the Store is slow to load. All of this happenened after I modified the .asp file but I know ZERO about .asp & JS & really need an expert before I mess this up further. Thanks in advance. Chris
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 9:42pm
Hi Chris,
   What's causing the slow loading is the DOJO script &  associated images.
If you have firefox & the web developer extension right click on the page and do "Web Developer > Tools > Speed Report"  - Note, I think the analysis only spots the first of your, now working, rotating images.
The dojo js file itself is pretty darn big & the images also add up. 10 * 88kb - If you can squeeze them down in size and or number without sacrificing to much quality I think it would be worth it.

Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 10:39pm
Thanks so much. My wi-Fi is out at home so I'll check it as soon as I get to work in the am. Night.Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic