ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..
    Posted: 08-June-2008 at 10:06am
Joe
I can't help you out - but I can say that I have exactly the same issue. The form used for the smallsearch box creates space differently in IE7 and Firefox and I have not been able to find a CSS solution.

Maybe someone might know if there is a browser specific CSS workaround. This limitation must be very common to many PC sites using this form.Wink
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2008 at 2:26am
Basically I a have a table cell that is 600W and 25H pixels. I am trying to put a small search box in the cell, and even though I have set in CSS the cell height to 25, the cell keeps doubling in height whenever I add the Search Box in it. It appears fine in Dreamweaver, but I only notice the problem after I upload the page on the internet.  It's like there is some sort of padding around the Product Cart search box that keeps stretching the cell out

How do I keep the cell height a true 25px with the search field in it?

EDIT: The bar appears to be working fine in Firefox, but in IE7 the bar is messed up like mentioned earlier.  please advise

Thanks
Joe

Edited by BlackReefDesigns - 06-June-2008 at 3:27am
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic