ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lag time to see results in Google ecommerce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lag time to see results in Google ecommerce
    Posted: 07-December-2008 at 9:53pm
What is the typical lag time to see results in the Ecommerce section within Google Analytics? It seems like a day.
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 8:56am
It's usually 24 hours after you add your tracking code.

Nigel
Otane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 11:43am
I had the tracking code in there. Unable to see the Ecommerce with the legacy code. Wondering if I should use the latest Google code.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 11:50am
Have a look at the yellow box on http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/integrations/googleanalytics/googleanalytics

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 12:20pm
Did you put the code in the file footer.asp and load up the extra google files from early impact as instructed?

Nigel
Otane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 12:29pm
Already did the above. In regards to the tracking with the latest code, I think this was resolved last April (from what I read on the Google boards).

The only was is to test, which I am doing now.
RUOnTheNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUOnTheNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 4:01pm
There was a delay (about a day or more) to get our ecommerce tracking code and goals functioning with google but .... we also had to change the goal value in Google Analytics to 
"Head Match" when asked to assign Match Type.

Also,  we threw  our tracking code in the V3.5 ordercompletetracking.asp page, along with our external affiliate tracking code.  But it all works now, using the latest Google code ( this earlier noted problem was resolved via Google as the earlier poster commented)

Alan,
www.AreYouOnTheNet.com
Internet Sales, Marketing & Affiliate Program Management
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic