ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canada Taxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foodbev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canada Taxes
    Posted: 09-December-2008 at 7:14pm
I have an issue with tax problems:

We sell multiple food and beverage items at our store. In British Columbia (BC) we have a two-tiered tax program. One at the provincial level (PST) and another for the federal level (GST). All food and non-alcoholic beverages are only charged GST at our business. All Alcohol is charged with GST and PST.

I have tried applying rules by zone (although everyone ordering will be in BC), but the problem is those rules are blanket charges for all products. I am aware of adding taxes specific to a product, but the problem is I need those taxes to be differentiated between PST and GST. A "Tax" line won't work alone.

What I would like to do is to create a tax rule, one called GST and another called PST. Then I could apply those rules to individual products.

Does anyone know how to do this? Any ideas? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2008 at 7:25pm
You may want to contact Ian at www.home-distilling.com.  He doesn't follow the board here but he is in Toronto and dealt with similar issues.
foodbev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foodbev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2009 at 1:39pm
Progress, but no end in site yet.

I have worked with Home Distilling, but they also recognize the problem. It appears as though Product Cart does not require a Province/State upon checkout. At least, when doing checkout by billing address and not shipping address. Therefore, I can't specify any tax rules by location that are based on Province/State.

Any ideas? I have submitted a ticket to support. Hopefully they'll come back with something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic